Marriage – Wedding
May God enable us to grow in love together
Your Wedding Day
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. What better place to exchange your vows than in our historic sandstone church?
St. James' Anglican Church, Morpeth, is the perfect choice for your romantic wedding in a picture book setting.
The picturesque rural views with the perfect charm and atmosphere of Morpeth makes for an unique destination for your wedding.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and availability.
What You Need to Know
St. James' is a popular parish church for the celebration of marriages. The church was built out of local sandstone by Lieutenant Edward Close in 1840. The gem of the church is the magnificent stained glass window depicting the death and resurrection of Christ.
The cost of a wedding at St. James' Morpeth is $1100. This includes:
- meetings with the priest for marriage preparation sessions, meeting to discuss and organise the marriage liturgy itself and a full rehearsal of the wedding
- the use of the church
- ringing of the bells
- the services of the organist
- your wedding certificate in calligraphy
A deposit of $250 secures the booking for you. This deposit is non-refundable.
Although you are most welcome to have your wedding at St. James', nevertheless we ask:
- photographers and their cameras do not intrude in this holy day
- there is to be no use of confetti or streamer-style decoration either in or near the church building
- if a service sheet is used, this is covered by Diocesan copyright. Sources of prayers, songs etc. must be acknowledged
- a licence needs to be obtained for the video recording of the liturgy. Application forms are available from the priest
- all necessary paperwork is available from the priest
- the full Birth Certificate (not Extract or Entry) of the bride and groom must be seen by the priest
- the Anglican Rite of Marriage will be used as the liturgy
- we ask that all music used within the service be appropriate to the solemnity of the occasion. The choice of music is to be discussed with the priest
St. James' Parish Hall is available for use for your reception. Please see the St. James' Hall page for futher information.
A Prayer for all seeking Marriage
God of all love and goodness, Creator of the universe, Maker of man and woman in your likeness, Source of blessing for married life:
We give you thanks and praise, for you created courtship and marriage, joy and gladness, feasting and laughter, pleasure and delight.
May this man and this woman, who prepare to vow themselves to each other for the rest of their days, know your blessing poured upon them in full;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.